Hello everyone! I’ve got a bit of a departure for you today. Over the week-end my lovely partner in crime and platonic valentine, Jade A. Waters, and I saw The Movie. We got to talking about it over lunch, (of course), and decided that, in the face of so many proper reviews and opinions, we’d skip writing anything truly critical and record an off-the-cuff conversation instead. We meandered, we drifted, we laughed a lot, (we might have even snorted). Most of all, we had a lot of fun making this recording. A few notes before you press play:
1. We went into this with a particular context in mind – that FSoG is a formula romance, and the kink / BDSM elements were going to be geared for a primarily vanilla, mainstream audience. Also, R rating.
2. We tried to consider it through the lens of the audience it’s intended for, (rather than our own erotica writer / kinky person perspective)
3. The most pornographic moment in this film was the opening credits with Christian Grey’s wardrobe. See #1 on context and rating.
4. We get kind of loud at points so apologies if we laugh you out of your earbuds.
5. There are outtakes at the end! Listen on through if you can!
And now, without further ado, Jade and I talk 50 Shades. Thanks for joining us – we hope you enjoy the conversation at least half as much as we did.